Closing program at annual WPPI Convention and Trade Show takes place Thursday, February 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA (January 26, 2011) – Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) announces its second annual Photographers Ignite presentations will take place on Thursday, February 24, 2011 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV.
Ignite Presentations offer an exciting new form of presenting educational, motivational or downright funny topics to an audience. During Ignite Presentations, a speaker shares ideas by showing exactly 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds—so each presentation lasts five minutes. Presentations are concise, creative and educational.
Once again hosted by Professional Photographer Kevin Kubota, who will also give the Opening Ignite, Photographers Ignite at WPPI 2011 will feature 18 experienced and upcoming photographers sharing their cool techniques, trends, ideas and inspirations as they relate to photography as a profession in this fast-paced and exciting two-and-a-half-hour session.
“There’s no better way to close a high energy, educational and motivational WPPI than with an exciting Photographers Ignite session,” said George Varanakis, WPPI’s Group Publisher and Executive Vice President. “The dynamic and often very funny presentations from last year were so well received there was no doubt that we would again close the next WPPI with Photographers Ignite. It’s the perfect ending to a perfect professional convention.”
Speakers for Photographers Ignite include:
- Becker – Everything You Need to Know About a Wedding Photography Business in 5 Minutes
- Dale Benfield – Me Talk Pretty: Winning Over Clients with Bad Grammar
- Joy Bianchi Brown & Jules Bianchi – The Dark Side of Portraits
- Scott Bourne – So You Wanna Be a Rockstar Wedding Photographer? Learn to Rock at Sales First
- Jake Garn – Create Expressions, Don’t Ask for Them!
- Jason Groupp – FUsioN Film in 5
- Taylor Jackson – Vegas Books More Brides Than You Do
- Tamara Lackey – The Meaning of Life
- Mike Larson – Character Marketing
- Kirsten Lewis – I’m 33, Single and a Wedding Photographer. Can I Borrow That Noose?
- Wendy Roe – Web Marketing, As It Pertains To Your Love Life
- Rosaura Sandoval – How To Sing Like Jerry Ghionis
- Lydia Shannon – What Are You Waiting For?
- Jasmine Star – Personal Growth
- Jed & Vicki Taufer – Shift Happens
- Tracey Taylor & Dee Green – Creating a Niche Market in a Very Foreign Land
- Kimberlee West & Marissa Boucher – Be An Attention Hog
The annual WPPI 2011 Convention and Trade Show will take place February 17-24, 2011 in Las Vegas, NV at the MGM Grand. For more information about WPPI 2011 and all of its workshops and events or to register, please visit: http://www.wppionline.com/storage/2011/home.html
The registration rate for access to the WPPI 2011 Convention and Trade Show is $259 for members and $399 for non-members.
WPPI is the largest annual expo and conference in the United States for professional photographers. Last year, more than 14,000 professional photographers gather in Las Vegas, NV, to learn from the best and see the latest and greatest products from the hundreds of exhibitors that participate in the trade show.
Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) is an organization that serves the educational and business needs of wedding and portrait photographers. WPPI is a professional organization that exists to help member photographers by providing them with exclusive information, programs and professional services to assist with their photographic artistry and business needs. WPPI routinely supplies its members with new benefits and valuable industry information enabling them to compete effectively, especially in tough economic times. WPPI membership gives photographers the resources they need to succeed and the tools they require to build and develop a strong personal support network.
In 2010, WPPI completed its 30th annual Convention and Trade Show, drawing over 14,000 attendees and 320 exhibitors to its convention space in the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. For more information visit: www.wppionline.com.