Sigma Lens Workshops September Lineup:
Virginia City Photo Walk with Action Camera Reno
Sigma’s Lew Held will lead a photo walk in Virginia City, NV. This mining town was once one of the most important historic places between Denver and San Francisco, and has a lot of interesting photo opportunities to offer.
- Friday, September 7th 10:00am-6:00pm – Historic Photo Walk – Attendees will meet at St. Mary’s in the Mountains Catholic Church (111 E Street) to explore the historic buildings, antique shops, museums, mines and other prominent sites in Virginia City. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
- Saturday, September 8th & Sunday, September 9th – Attendees are invited to return to Action Camera Reno for its One-Year Anniversary Sale and print some of their pictures on its instant kiosks, as well as take advantage of a special promotion on Sigma glass.
Action Camera Reno – 5890 S. Virginia Street Bldg. 3, Reno, NV 89502
Photo Walk Meetup – 111 East St. Virginia City, NV 89440
FREE; Register Here
Travel Photography Workshop at Pro Photo Supply
Sigma’s Aaron Norberg, an urban and natural landscape photographer, will lead a two-part travel photography workshop at Pro Photo Supply on September 8, 2018 in Portland, Oregon. The workshop will focus on bringing your artistic vision to life and turning documenting into storytelling.
- Saturday, September 8th 9:00-10:00am – Travel Photography Class – Aaron will dive into image composition and balancing out depth of field and shutter speed to tell engaging stories through your images.
- Saturday, September 8th 11:00am-2:00pm – Photo Walk at Sauvie Island – Participants will meet at Oak Island Trailhead for a guided photo walk. Sigma lenses will be available on loan to test-drive during the photo walk.
Pro Photo Supply – 1801 NW Northrup Street, Portland, Oregon 97209
$25; Register Here
Macro Photography Workshop and Scavenger Hunt at Ace Photo
Sigma’s Marc Farb will teach a macro photography class and lead a scavenger hunt photo walk during this fun two-day event.
- Saturday, September 8th 10:00am-1:00pm – Sigma Lens Demo – Marc will present the Sigma lens lineup and answer any questions attendees might have about Sigma glass.
- Saturday, September 8th 1:00pm-2:00pm – Macro Photography Class – In this class, attendees will learn the basics of macro photography and what gear is best for this genre.
- Sunday, September 9th 10:00am-1:00pm – Scavenger Hunt Photo Walk – Participants will meet at the Lucketts Market for a fun photo walk with Sigma lenses.
Ace Photo – 44710 Cape Ct. Suite 122, Ashburn, VA 20147
FREE; Register Here
Astrophotography Workshop with Shutterbug Camera Shop
Aaron Norberg will lead a hands-on astrophotography workshop at Shutterbug Camera on September 10, 2018 in Santa Rosa, CA for a unique opportunity to photograph the night sky using some of the fastest glass from Sigma.
- Monday, September 10th 4:30-6:00pm – Astrophotography Class – Participants will meet at Safari West for a class covering topics such as long exposure, lens options, focusing at night, color correct temperature, ISO options and using a histogram.
- Monday, September 10th 6:00pm – BBQ Dinner – A delicious dinner will be provided before heading out to the night shoot.
- Monday, September 10th 8:00-11:00pm – Night Shoot – Attendees will board a special tram to get to an ideal shooting location where they will enjoy a clean shot at the sky with no city lights to affect the view. Aaron will provide Sigma lenses to shoot with and dive into the technique of shooting the starry sky. In the end of the session, participants will get a 12×18 print of their favorite shot.
Safari West – 3115 Porter Creek Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
$149; Register Here
Street Photography Workshop at San Jose Camera and Video
Sigma’s Mike Hill will lead a hands-on workshop covering street photography on September 15, 2018 in Campbell, CA. Mike shoots lifestyle, editorial and travel photography. He is an experienced photo editor and art director who also teaches classes on narrative photography and Lightroom workflow.
- Saturday, September 15th 1:00-2:30pm – Intro to Street Photography – Mike will teach a visual course through the fundamentals of photographing the urban landscape. Attendees will learn how to make visual sense of the streets around them and how to choose the best lenses and camera settings to capture it.
- Saturday, September 15th 3:00-5:00pm – Photo Walk Around Downtown Campbell – Attendees are invited to join Mike for a photo walk to apply what they’ve learned in his class. They will also have the opportunity to try out a wide array of Sigma lenses available on loan.
San Jose Camera & Video – 1600 S Winchester Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008
$49.00; Register Here
Urban Photography Workshop at Glazer’s Camera
Aaron Norberg will lead a workshop covering the fundamentals of photographing urban environments at Glazer’s Camera, followed by a photo walk through Lower Queen Anne on September 22, 2018 in Seattle, WA. Attendees will walk away understanding what gear and which settings are best for capturing the urban beauty surrounding them.
- Saturday, September 22nd 1:00-2:00pm – Urban Landscape Lecture – This workshop will kick off with a classroom lecture where Aaron will focus on lens selection and camera settings for urban photography.
- Saturday, September 22nd 2:30-4:30pm – Queen Anne Neighborhood Photo Walk – Following the lecture, attendees will explore the neighborhood of Lower Queen Anne with Aaron and apply the techniques covered in the classroom. Sigma lenses will be available on loan.
Glazer’s Camera – 811 Republican Street, Seattle, WA 98109
$25; Register Here
Birding Photography Workshop with Milford Photo
Marc Farb will lead a photo walk on how to photograph ducks and other waterfowl at the pond in downtown Milford. Sigma lenses will be available on loan to practice birding photography.
- Saturday, September 22nd 9:00am-11:00am – Birding Photo Walk – Attendees will meet at Milford Photo for a quick review of useful settings and arrange for the loaners, eventually heading downtown to capture wildlife around the Milford pond.
Milford Photo – 22 River Street, Milford, CT 06460
FREE for the Milford Photography Group members; Register Here
Workshop at Pictureline
Mike Hill will lead a portrait and editorial workshop at Pictureline on September 29, 2018 in Salt Lake City, UT. Participants will learn how to capture great portraits through an engaging narrative.
- Saturday, September 29th 10am-2pm – Portraiture and Editorial Photography Workshop – This workshop will start with a morning lecture focusing on how to purposely illustrate subjects and their personality. Mike will cover techniques including using different lenses, incorporating backgrounds, and mastering posing. Then attendees will enjoy lunch provided by Pictureline, followed by a hands-on shoot using Sigma lenses.
Pictureline – 305 West 700 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
$49.00; Register Here
About Sigma Dealer Workshops
Designed in collaboration with Sigma dealers around the country, the program engages photographers eager to learn new techniques and refine their photography skills through a series of classroom lectures and hands-on workshops. Led by Sigma technical representatives and photography experts, each workshop session hones in on a specific genre of photography such as portraiture, landscape, astrophotography and more. Normally a two-day workshop event, day one will focus on theory and educational best practices such as lighting, gear setup, camera settings, lens focal length and more. On day two, attendees put their newly acquired knowledge to the test with immersive hands-on, real world photo shoots and photo walks. Photographers of all skill levels, from novice to professional, are welcome to join in. The upcoming workshops schedule and details, including registration, cost, special promotions and agenda, can be found on the Sigma Events webpage.
About Sigma Corporation
Craftsmanship. Precision. Dedication. Since 1961, Sigma has been devoted to the pursuit of advancing photographic technology. Unique to the industry, the family-owned business produces its high-quality, award-winning cine and camera lenses, DSLR and mirrorless cameras, flashes, filters and accessories from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Aizu, Japan.
In 2012, the company introduced the Sigma Global Vision with three distinct lens lines: Art, Contemporary and Sport. Designed for industry camera mount systems including Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony and Sigma, each lens is handcrafted and tested in Japan to ensure a high-performance, premium product that is purpose-built to last.
Sigma continues its tradition of imaging excellence with the mirrorless sd Quattro, sd Quattro H and the compact dp Quattro camera line. Leveraging the ultra-high resolution Foveon sensor, the Sigma Quat-tro cameras are designed to produce the highest quality image with every shot.