Compact, lightweight, waterproof porro-prism binoculars designed for easy, bright viewing of nature, wildlife, sports, and events
Denver, Co. May 28, 2014 – Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation (Ricoh Imaging), a leader in precision sport optics, is pleased to announce the expansion of their longstanding and award winning comprehensive binocular line-up. The PENTAX PCF CW series porro-prism binoculars follow a classic design that deliver stunning optical performance. This new binocular series includes the PFC CW 8×30 and the PCF CW 10×30 each skillfully designed for bright clear viewing while minimizing eye fatigue. The compact and waterproof construction of this new series is ideal for a wide variety of viewing situations, from the field to the theater.
- Superior optical performance The PCF CW series binoculars are expertly built with full multi-coated lenses (a coating applied to all lens surfaces) and high-refraction BaK4 glass prisms to provide a bright, clear, high contrast view in a wide variety of lighting conditions.
- Long eye relief for fatigue-free viewing
- The PCF CW series offers a long eye relief (the distance between the eyepiece and the viewer’s eye), assuring comfortable, fatigue-free viewing in extended observations, even for eyeglass wearers.
- Waterproof and weather resistant construction
- Thanks to the dependable waterproof construction* (equivalent to JIS Class 6 standards for watertight designs submersible to a depth of one meter), the PCF CW series can be used in almost any weather condition. They can even be easily rinsed clean with water. The nitrogen-filled design prevents interior lens surfaces from fogging caused by temperature difference.
* The PCF CW series cannot be used for underwater viewing.
- Compact, lightweight design
- Fiber reinforced polycarbonate design makes these binoculars light weight and rugged; employing 30-millimeter-diameter objective lenses, the PCF CW series assures a compact lightweight body without sacrificing a bright subject field, making them the most compact and lightweight 30-millimeter objective in the PENTAX line-up.
- Full-body rubber armoring The black rubber coating applied to the entire body of PCF CW series binoculars not only provides a high-quality appearance, but also enhances weather sealing, holding comfort, and long-term durability.
- Other features – Helicoid extendable eyepieces with four click stops to optimize viewing comfort. – Diopter adjustment of precisely balance focus between eyes. – A minimum focusing distance of three meters for a sharp view of close-range subjects. – Easy mounting on a tripod when uses with the optional Tripod Adapter N or TP-3. – Rain-shielding eyepiece rings to prevent the intrusion of rain and dust.
Pricing and Availability
The PFC CW 8×30 and the PCF CW 10×30 will be available for purchase online at www.us.ricoh-imaging.com and at retailers nationwide in June 2014 for a suggested retail price of $139.95 (PFC CW 8×30) and $149.95 (PCF CW 10×30)
To learn more about the comprehensive lineup of Pentax Sport Optics products as well as other Ricoh Imaging products, please visit www.us.ricoh-imaging.com.
About Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation|
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation is a subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd., a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions.
The company now known as Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation, was originally founded in 1919, under the name Asahi Optical Joint Stock Co. and launched its first SLR camera in the 1950s under the PENTAX name. Today, Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation continues to produce the heritage-rich, award-winning line of PENTAX DSLR cameras, lenses and sport optics equipment as well as Ricoh’s offering of stylish and compact digital cameras, known for their wide-ranging, rich set of features.
For further information, please visit www.us.ricoh-imaging.com
© 2013 Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.