Try It All, Do It All: All the Tools You Need to Make Share-Worthy Videos with the Compact Nikon Z 50
MELVILLE, N.Y., May 12, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Nikon Inc. announced the new Z 50 Creator’s Kit, an essential toolkit for Nikon Inc. announced the new Z 50 Creator’s Kit Nikon Inc. announced the new Z 50 Creator’s Kit who want to explore the limits of their creativity. The Z 50 Creator’s Kit delivers exciting versatility in a portable package, making it the perfect all-in-one bundle to match your creative potential.
“The new Nikon Z 50 Creator’s Kit puts a mirrorless camera and the most popular must-have accessories in the hands of creators looking to capture and share stories in a unique way,” said Jay Vannatter, Executive Vice President, Nikon Inc. “We are providing the means for creators to share their creativity through rich content creation, whether you are an artist, a director, a foodie, a portrait maker, a fashion designer or anyone streaming to their friends or fans.”
The cornerstone of the kit is the compact and lightweight Nikon Z 50 mirrorless camera, which offers extensive multimedia capabilities including 4K Ultra HD capture, 1080p slow-motion capture and in-camera time-lapses and creative filters. Great for capturing selfies and vlogging, the Z 50 is equipped with a 3.2″ flip-down LCD screen for simple framing, and built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi® connectivity for easy sharing. Paired with the Nikon Z 50 is the NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, the smallest and lightest NIKKOR Z lens that captures the sweet spot of the zoom range for video. This stabilized lens is also great for capturing street photography, candid portraits, landscapes, and close-ups, or can be used for video conferencing.
The Z 50 Creator’s Kit is also ready to be used as a webcam through the use of optional Third party video capture software* such as Ecamm Live (Mac) or Sparkocam (Windows) through USB or through third party hardware such as Elgato Camlink, AVerMedia ExtremeCap UVC-BU110, etc. For more information and to learn how to do this, visit www.nikonusa.com/livestreaming-how-to.
The Nikon Z 50 Creator’s Kit includes:
- Nikon Z 50 camera body
- NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR lens
- SmallRig Vlogging Mounting Plate
- Joby GorillaPod 3K
- RØDE VideoMicro Microphone
- Nikon Travel Kit Bag
- Free access to Nikon School Online Class – Creator’s Mindset: Creating Video Content with the Z 50
All You Need to Get Started with the Included Accessories:
- Designed specifically for the Nikon Z 50, the low profile SmallRig LCN2525 Vlogging mounting plate relocates and adds an additional tripod thread (1/4″- 20 mount) to let users easily use the flip-down LCD screen for selfie-style video and vlogging, while multiple accessories can be used with the side-mounted cold shoe.
- The Joby GorillaPod 3K provides extended reach whether capturing selfies or livestreaming, plus it can be used as a compact tripod when needed. Its sturdy, flexible legs can stand on virtually any surface or securely wrap around any object for stable composing and shooting.
- The compact RØDE VideoMicro microphone easily attaches to the Z 50’s hot shoe or the SmallRig bracket to capture pristine audio, whether recording a short film, streaming, or teleconferencing.
- As part of the kit, creators can learn directly from Kitty Peters with free access to her Nikon School Online class, “Creator’s Mindset: Creating Video Content with Z 50,” which offers simple tricks to creating compelling content and getting started with the Z 50.
- The Nikon Z 50 Creator’s Kit also comes with a custom Nikon Travel Kit bag with convertible straps.
The Nikon Z 50 Creators Kit will be available starting on Thursday, May 21 for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $1,149.95**, representing a savings versus buying the components separately. For more information about the new Nikon Z 50 Creator’s Kit as well as Nikon’s full line of imaging products, please visit www.nikonusa.com.
For those looking to explore the endless possibilities of what they can create with the Nikon Z 50 Creator’s Kit, be sure to explore Nikon’s selection of events, activities and inspiring content on NikonUSA.com/CreatorsHour.
Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo and video capture technologies; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enable visual storytelling and content creation. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories, Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras and Nikon software products, as well as the revolutionary Nikon Z series of mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses, which achieve a new dimension in optical performance. In 2018, Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., announced the production of 110 million NIKKOR lenses, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-US or visit www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers and visual storytellers to the Web’s most comprehensive learning and sharing communities. Connect with Nikon on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo and Flickr.
*Nikon cannot guarantee performance or functionality of third-party software or hardware. Performance may vary based on system requirements and operating environment. Third-party software may incur a charge from the software manufacturer.
**SRP (Suggested Retail Price) listed only as a suggestion. Actual prices are set by dealers and are subject to change at any time.
Wi-Fi® and the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo are registered trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The N Mark is a trademark or registered trademark of NFC Forum, Inc. in the United States and in other countries. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation and its Affiliates is under license.
All trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Specifications, equipment, and release dates are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
SOURCE Nikon Inc.