New features also available in popular THETA+ app
DENVER, Dec. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation today announced the launch of the new THETA+ Video application, for easy editing of 360° video, which has been captured using the Ricoh Theta camera.
THETA+ Video makes editing 360° video and time-lapse footage easy, enabling users to trim video length, choose from four different view formats and 10 different filters. THETA+ Video also allows the user to add music to their video, with the option to select a track from their personal music library or choose one of eight original music tracks available in the app. 360° and time-lapse video can be shared directly from THETA+ Video to social networks like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
In addition, THETA+, Ricoh’s current app for editing 360° spherical images, has a host of new features including: five additional filters, image cropping and trimming capabilities, and the ability to post time-lapse videos created with a Theta camera directly to Facebook.
“Our Theta S camera was very well received earlier this year when we announced it, and we’re excited to extend editing capabilities to 360° videos with the new THETA+ Video app,” said Jim Malcolm, president, Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation. “With the growing number of platforms supporting 360° video, we’re giving Ricoh Theta users the tools they want and need to edit and present their videos on their social platforms in a very personalized way.”
THETA+ Video and THETA+ are both available for free download from the Apple App Store today. An Android version of the app will be available in 2016.
Main Features of THETA+ Video for iPhone app:
- 10 filters to adjust color and tone of video files
- Four different video view formats including little planet, which reproduces videos as small planet shapes floating in space
- Music can be easily added to video using any of eight original music tracks in the THETA+ Video app, or even songs from your personal library
- A silent option is available to post video with no sound
- Trimming feature divides video to desired lengths
- Share edited video directly to social networks including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Compatible with iPhone5S/iPhone6/iPhone6Plus/iPhone6S
Upgraded Features of THETA+ app:
- Five new filters to change the color and tone of still images (10 filters total)
- Non-fixed aspect ratio allows cropping and trimming of images
- Blurred backgrounds can be added in Mirror Ball and Equirectangular view modes
- When creating a time-lapse video, the frames per second are displayed so values can be checked while editing
- Post time-lapse videos directly to Facebook
- Edit time-lapse videos in the new THETA+ Video app
| About Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation|
Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation is a subsidiary of Ricoh Company Ltd., a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions.
The company now known as Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation was originally founded in 1919, under the name Asahi Optical Joint Stock Co. and launched its first SLR camera in the 1950s under the PENTAX name. Today, Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation continues to produce the heritage-rich, award-winning line of PENTAX DSLR cameras, lenses and sport optics equipment as well as Ricoh’s offering of stylish and compact digital cameras, known for their wide-ranging, rich set of features.
For further information, please visit www.ricohimaging.com
© 2015 Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
– Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
– Instagram is a trademark of Instagram LLC.
– YouTube is a registered trademarks of Google Inc.
– All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation