SANTA ROSA, CALIF – MindShift Gear’s new TrailScape backpack balances outdoor photographers’ desire to have access to their essential photo gear while maintaining a slim and compact profile. The TrailScape fits a complete camera system, including a 70-200mm f/2.8 attached with hood in the shooting position. With its multiple lash points, photographers can carry extra gear, such as a light jacket and lunch. And, its laptop and tablet slots allow them to use this as their “go to” backpack while in transit.
“At MindShift, we are focused on meeting the needs of outdoor enthusiasts who are often carrying sophisticated and expensive electronics deep into the wild. What they seek are protection and comfort,” said Doug Murdoch, MindShift Gear’s CEO and Lead Designer. “The TrailScape’s removable webbing waistbelt helps stabilize the bag while active and its contoured back panel with lumbar support and robust harness provide for all day comfort.”
ADDITIONAL FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Dedicated quick access smartphone/sunglasses pocket
- Tripod/monopod/hiking pole mounting system on sides
- Two large water bottle pockets with cinch cord
- Seamless rain cover included for downpour conditions
- Side compression straps for additional lash points
- Adjustable dividers to customize the interior for DSLR or Mirrorless kit
- Interior zippered pockets for batteries, cards, filters and other accessories
- Easy-grip zipper pulls for wet or cold conditions
- Organizer pockets for pens, flashlight and business cards
- Holds 1 standard-size DSLR and 4-6 standard zoom lenses
- Holds 2 large mirrorless body and 5-7 lenses plus a flash
- Maximum lens size: 300mm f/2.8
- Nikon D810 with 70-200mm f/2.8 attached to a body and the hood in the shooting position and 2-3 additional lenses
- Canon 5DMIII with 24-70mm f/2.8 attached and 4-6 additional lenses
- Sony a7mII with 70-200mm f/4 attached and 5-6 additional lenses
Exterior: For superior water resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant coating, plus a polyurethane coating on the underside of the fabric. The backpack also features the highest-quality abrasion-resistant YKK® RC zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 600D poly, 320G DuraStretch mesh, 350G airmesh, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: P200D lining, high-density nylex with stiffened backing, hexa-mesh pockets, high-density closed-cell foam, PE board reinforcement, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Exterior: 9.8” W x 18.1” H x 7.1” D (25 × 46 × 18 cm)
- Interior: 9.4” W x 17.3” H x 4.8” D (24 × 44 × 12 cm)
- Laptop: 8.9” W x 14.2” H x 1.2” D (22.7 × 36 × 3 cm)
- Tablet: 8.5” W x 9.8” H x 0.8” D (21.5 × 25 × 2 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 lbs. (1.3 kg)
# # #
ABOUT MINDSHIFT GEAR
MindShift Gear (www.mindshiftgear.com) is a group of committed professional photographers and product designers who support conservation and protection of our natural resources and planet. Founded by the creators of Think Tank Photo and conservation photographer Daniel Beltrá, MindShift is dedicated to building carrying solutions for those who are passionate about experiencing the natural world. Their slogan, “Engage with nature,” challenges people to not only become involved in outdoor activities, but to create a conversation about nature and our relationship to the environment.