The rotation180° Horizon™ backpack with rotating beltpack allows for instant access to food, binoculars, cameras and lenses, and other essential equipment
Santa Rosa, Calif. (PRWEB) May 08, 2015
For outdoor enthusiasts and photographers who tire of having to take off their backpacks to get at their essential gear, MindShift Gear has released the new, higher volume rotation180°® Horizon™ rotating backpack. The rotation180° Horizon backpack with rotating beltpack allows for instant access to food, binoculars, cameras and lenses, and other essential equipment. Plus, there is now added extra space in the main pack for larger gear, including clothing, climbing gear, and up to a 13” laptop. Daisy chains and ice ax loops provide additional lash points.
“The rotation180° Horizon backpack is an essential addition to our award-winning rotation backpack series,” said MindShift Gear’s CEO and lead designer Doug Murdoch. “Its 34 liters of capacity and its ability to hold a laptop, a 10” tablet, and up to a 3 liter hydration reservoir provide the dimensions and features for which outdoor adventurers have been clamoring. It employs the same patented technology that won two of Europe’s top design awards, the Red Dot Award and the OutDoor Industry Award.”
- Integrated rotating beltpack for accessing trail essentials: camera, 10” tablet, binoculars, maps, guidebook, and snacks.
- Dedicated zippered hydration compartment on side fits most 3L reservoirs
- 2 bags in 1: removable beltpack can be worn separately for shorter outings
- 13” laptop fits in main compartment
- Backpack holds jacket, layers, hat, gloves, lunch, etc.
- Front zippered pocket provides quicker access to smaller items, such as climbing gear, field instruments, first aid kit, and climbing shoes
- Small trekking tripod, or fly rod/reel carry easily on the front or side panels
- Load–lifter straps adjust the weight distribution for comfortable fit
- Side water bottle pocket fits most 32 oz. water bottles
- Two rows of daisy chains for additional attachment points
- Beltpack compression straps adjust for custom fit
- Integrates with MindShift’s Tripod Suspension Kit
- Webbing rail for attaching additional components to waist belt
- Breathable padded airmesh shoulder harness with adjustable sternum strap
- Aluminum stay in frame sheet, provides for custom fit
- Optional seam–sealed rain cover
OUTDOOR PHOTOGRAPHY PROFILES FOR BELTPACK
- Sony a7 with 24–70 mm f/4 attached + 70–200 mm f/4 +16–35 f/4 + tablet
- Canon 5DMIII with 24-70mm f/2.8 attached + 16–35 mm f/2.8 + tablet
- Nikon D810 with 70–300 f/4.5–5.6 attached + 18–35 mm f/3.5–4.5 + Flash + tablet
- 1–3 GoPro® bodies, LCD BacPac, remote, batteries, SD cards, various mounts and adaptors + tablet
Exterior: For superior water–resistance, all exterior fabric has durable water–repellant coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has high quality YKK® zippers, 420D velocity nylon, 420D high–density nylon, 100D shadow Ripstop nylon, 210D velocity nylon, Ultra–Stretch fabric, nylon webbing, 350G airmesh, and 3–ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 200D polyester lining, belly–o mesh pockets, closed–cell antilon foam, 3–ply bonded nylon thread
11” W x 24.4” H x 9.1” D (28 x 62 x 23 cm)
8.5” W x 11” H x 4” D (22 x 28 x 10 cm)
11” W x 8.7” H x 6.7” D (28 x 22 x 17 cm)
10.4” W x 7.9” H x 5.5” D (25.5 x 20 x 14 cm)
Beltpack: 7 liters
Backpack: 27 liters
Total: 34 liters
Backpack: 2.7 lbs (0.0 kg)
Beltpack: 1.2 lbs (0.0 kg)
Total: 3.9 lbs (0.0 kg)
# # #
MindShift Gear (http://www.mindshiftgear.com) is a group of committed professional photographers and product designers who support conservation and protection of our natural resources and planet. Founded by the creators of Think Tank Photo and conservation photographer Daniel Beltrá, MindShift is dedicated to building carrying solutions for those who are passionate about experiencing the natural world. Their slogan, “Engage with nature,” challenges people to not only become involved in outdoor activities, but to create a conversation about nature and our relationship to the environment.