Adorama brings together most influential figures from the fashion, sports and travel photography worlds to help Nigel Barker determine who will become the next Top Photographer
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) OCTOBER 07, 2016
Adorama, one of the world’s largest photography, video, audio, imaging and electronics retailers, has just released the full lineup of influential photographers, models, editors, designers and social media mavens joining as guest judges on Top Photographer with Nigel Barker. Airing this fall on AdoramaTV, the show will star a variety of tastemakers, including supermodel Coco Rocha, fashion editor Joe Zee, sports journalist Ben Lyons, designer Pamella Roland, the social media masters behind Beautiful Destinations Jeremy and Tom Jauncey, and world renowned photographers David Bergman and Emily Soto to help Adorama and Nigel Barker seek out today’s Top Photographer.
“Top Photographer has been an incredible experience, bringing together photographers from all over the country, each with their own unique style and perspective,” comments host Nigel Barker. “We really put these photographers to the test, challenging them to work outside their comfort zones and prove not just their technical know-how, but that they have the passion and drive that it takes to be at the top. Bringing in the varying perspectives of Coco Rocha, Joe Zee, Pamella Roland, Ben Lyons, the Jauncey Brothers, Emily Soto and David Bergman to help with judging made this a truly dynamic competition. We feel confident that we selected the best photographer to win each challenge and, ultimately, the right person to fill the inaugural role of Top Photographer.”
“The first season of ‘Top Photographer with Nigel Barker’ harnesses today’s global fascination with photography, and we can’t wait for the world to see it come this November,” states Lev Peker, chief marketing officer at Adorama. “The extremely high caliber of judges we had contributing to each challenge as well as the final decision has set the bar high for future seasons and photographers to come. Each of them brought something special to the challenge they were a part of, offering their expertise on the subject matter at hand and providing contestants with thoughtful feedback to help them continue perfecting their craft. It was a really incredible experience for all those involved.”
Top Photographer with Nigel Barker Season One Judges
Episode One, airing Tuesday, November 1st
- Ben Lyons, Chief Content Officer for Derek Jeter’s Players’ Tribune and television, radio and online host and producer from New York City covering pop culture and sports; based in Los Angeles, Ben is a special correspondent on EXTRA! and a regular contributor for ESPN LA radio, among many other broadcasts
- David Bergman, Canon Explorer of Light with 13 Sports Illustrated covers to his credit; Bergman has photographed numerous Olympics, World Series, Super Bowls, NBA and NCAA Championships and has been Bon Jovi’s official tour photographer since 2010, documenting the band on stage and on the road in more than 30 countries on six continents
Episode Two, airing Tuesday, November 8th
- Pamella Roland, renowned fashion designer behind the namesake PAMELLA ROLAND collection; Pamella’s designs have adorned the likes of Eva Longoria, Hailey Baldwin, Karlie Kloss and Vanessa Williams to name just a few
- Emily Soto, New York City-based photographer specializing in fashion photography shot with digital and film mediums; Soto’s bold yet playful images have been published by Allure, Teen Vogue, V Magazine and Nylon, to name a few, and she was recently ranked #3 Fashion Photographer on the Web
Episode Three, airing Tuesday, November 15th
- Jeremy Jauncey, founder and CEO of Beautiful Destinations, is a serial technology entrepreneur and investor who has built the largest travel and lifestyle community on Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat, with an audience of over 12 million people, in 180 countries; Jeremey is a passionate believer in the power of social, visual storytelling and its impact in spreading positivity and travel inspiration
- Tom Jauncey, director of partnerships and content creator for Beautiful Destinations, is a digital and social media expert and manages the agency’s relationships with global brands, governments and NGOs, such as NYC & Company, Airbnb and Marriott; a multimedia content creator specializing in creating “social first” content, Tom is one of the most celebrated travel drone photographers for his aerial photography and videography work
Episodes Four and Five (The Finale), airing November 22nd and 29th, respectively
- Coco Rocha, supermodel with one of fashion’s most ubiquitous faces, Coco has modeled for many of the most well-known designers in the world, including Marc Jacobs, Prada, Zac Posen and Chanel; an avid techie and early adopter of social media, Rocha positioned herself as the world’s first digital supermodel; most recently, Coco became a co-owner of the global modeling agency Nomad Management
- Joe Zee, Hong Kong-born Canadian fashion stylist, journalist, and businessman; described in a New York Times profile as a leader in the mass market and digital transformation of fashion, Joe was a stylist and creative director at Elle from January 2007 until April 2014 when he took a position as editor-in-chief and executive creative officer of Yahoo Style; Joe is also a TV host and personality as well as an author
“Top Photographer with Nigel Barker,” sponsored by Canon, is a web series competition that will air on AdoramaTV featuring five hand-selected photographers from across the nation competing in photo challenges for the chance to become the next Top Photographer. Each episode will feature a new photography challenge focused on a different genre of the medium.
Premiering on AdoramaTV in November 2016, the finale of “Top Photographer with Nigel Barker” will conclude with the final two contestants competing for the title and the grand prize, valued at $50k, which includes a photography equipment package as well as a photo exhibition event in New York City hosted by Nigel Barker.
With nearly 48 million views since debuting on YouTube in 2010, AdoramaTV is the preeminent source for videos related to the photography, film and music community. Of course we have new product releases and gear reviews, but what sets AdoramaTV apart is how we connect with our viewers to deliver engaging content, which includes our flagship AdoramaOriginal series “Through The Lens”; “Breathe Your Passion with Vanessa Joy”; “2-Minute Tips with David Bergman”; and “Exploring Photography with Mark Wallace.”
Adorama: More Than a Camera Store
Adorama is more than a camera store – it’s one of the world’s largest photography, video, audio and computer retailers. Serving customers for more than 40 years, Adorama has grown from its flagship NYC store to include the leading online destination for imaging and consumer electronics. Adorama’s vast product offerings encompass home entertainment, mobile computing, and professional video and audio, while its services include an in-house photo lab, AdoramaPix; resources and gear for photographers, filmmakers, production studios, broadcasting and post houses, and recording artists through Adorama Pro; pro equipment rental at Adorama Rental Company; and the award-winning Adorama Learning Center, which offers free creative education in online channels such as the popular Adorama TV.
Adorama is listed as one of the top five electronics retailers by Consumer Reports, “Best of the Web” by Forbes.com, Internet Retailers Top 100, and is the official Electronics Retailer of the NY Giants. Visit Aorama athttp://www.adorama.com.