Evo GoCam is the world’s first smartphone case-integrated, external camera that sticks to any surface and ensures that everyone can be in the picture
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (PRWEB) May 30, 2018
AbleTech has launched Evo GoCam on crowdfunding site Indiegogo. Evo is the first camera that’s stored in a smartphone case and sticks to any surface. It’s the perfect camera to make sure no one misses being in the picture.
Whether streaming from cool angles for action sports shots, or for taking better selfies, Evo GoCam offers the most portable and always available solution. The ultra-slim and lightweight camera slides into a custom smartphone case so it’s always there when needed.
Evo GoCam features a special micro-suction back-plate so the camera can stick to almost every surface without the need for extra accessories. This allows for discreet recordings, better group photos/videos, perfectly-framed selfies and shots captured from unusual positions.
For Evo founder Mario Bertucci, the idea for Evo GoCam was born after the birth of his son Emanuele. As a new dad, Bertucci was frustrated that he was rarely in the photos and videos he took of his son. A GoPro didn’t solve the problem because Bertucci never seemed to have it when he needed it to capture Emanuele’s precious childhood moments.
“I needed a more versatile camera which was natively connected to my iPhone but could work separately and hands-free. So, I had an idea: to create a new ‘eye,’ always with my smartphone, integrated and extractable,” Bertucci said. “Never without it, was my motto.”
“This is how I got the idea to integrate the camera on a phone case. Light, thin, ergonomic and easy to use – and a camera that can stick any surface.”
Bulky tripods, selfie sticks or leaning a phone against a tree stump are all attempts at trying to fix a fundamental problem with built-in phone cameras: A way to hold the phone steady for the best images. Evo solves that problem because its adhesive back panel sticks to nearly any surface and detaches easily after use without leaving residue.
Evo GoCam can even assist in parking in a tight spot, by attaching it to a vehicle bumper, and it can serve as a lightweight baby monitor. With the Evo app, the GoCam can be used to share on social media, watch recordings, or edit and apply filters.
To use the Evo GoCam, just turn it on and connect it to a smartphone either via the internet with Wi-Fi, or by using WLAN.
Evo Go Cam includes:
- Small and thin, at 3.94×1.18×0.24 inches and 2.82 ounces (100x30x6 mm, 80 grams)
- Wi-Fi connectivity with the Evo app
- Takes 5MP high-res photos and 1080p video (30 fps)
- Motion sensor
- HD stereo sound
- Has a range to 100 feet (30 meters)
- Micro USB port and micro SD slot
- Micro-Suction back which detaches without residue
- Multiple Evo GoCams can link, creating a shared visual experience
- Attaches to phone, compatible with Samsung, iPhone, Google, Motorola, Huawei and more
- Silicon Case specifically designed to absorb shocks
- Supports wireless charging
- Evo GoCam will fit seamlessly on any Evo Smartphone Case
- Available in black, white or red
- Waterproof case for underwater photography and video
- Action cam (1.4”) adapter
Use Cases are unlimited, but here are a few examples
- Group photos and videos
- Surveillance camera
- Dash and parking cam
- Baby monitor camera
- Live Stream camera
- Remote camera for workers
- Secondary camera for multiangle videos/photos
- Action camera for sports and outdoors
- Record live performances
For more information about Evo GoCam and to pre-order at early bird discounts visit the Evo GoCam Indiegogo Campaign Page